Clos Rocailleux

Chez Rocailleux Far from the Eye "80/20" 2015

£13.99 £15.99
Loading reviews...
  • Chez Rocailleux Far from the Eye "80/20" 2015

Clos Rocailleux

Chez Rocailleux Far from the Eye "80/20" 2015

£13.99 £15.99
Loading reviews...
English couple Jack & Margaret Reckitt's Far From the Eye is made from 80% Len de l'El (in modern French Loin de l'Oeil), an obscure and ancient grape native to Gaillac that took a pummelling from phylloxera. It gets its name from the vine's long stems, meaning grape bunches are far from the 'eye', or vine bud the other 20% of the blend is Muscadelle and a crisp green apple core and a steely minerality.
Our specially designed bottle shows Rob and winemaker Jack in the winery literally staring into tank samples of the unfinished wine. It's a triumph, but act fast because there are only a few hundred bottles available.

 Origin

Gaillac | FRANCE

Grapes
Len de l'El 80% | Muscadelle 20%

 

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review Write a review

15 bottle(s) available for next day delivery*

*If you need a bigger quantity and can wait a little bit longer please contact us and we shall do our utmost to squirrel out some extra bottles for you as soon as we can.